Our Salon’s Covid-19 Guidelines for Health and Safety
By: lakotaroom - Published on July 14th, 2020
We care SO much about our guests and employees that we have lined out the safest Covid-19 Guidelines in order to keep all of our families safe and healthy.
We will be honoring all of the Governor’s regulations as well as taking extra pre-cautions that we believe are necessary to keep our staff and clients safe and healthy.
Guidelines for entering Lakota Room Salon:
When you arrive, please check in on your phone and call us at 713-492-0173 and remain in your car. When your stylist is ready for you, we will call you to come inside. Our waiting area will not be available at this time.
No children or friends of guests allowed inside the salon unless they have an appointment. (We love friends and kiddos but we must keep our occupancy to a bare minimum!)
We will be implementing temperature checks with a touchless infrared thermometer to check the temperature of employees and of each guest with an appointment who enters the salon. Any employee or guest who has a temperature above 99°F will be sent home immediately. You may reschedule and return to the salon when there is no fever and no evidence of COVID-19 symptoms.
All guests/employees must be wearing a mask that loops behind the ears to enter. All guests/employees must wear this mask during the entire appointment at the salon. (If you forget your mask, we will have sanitized masks for you:))
Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival. (We will have a sanitizing station as soon as you walk in the salon)
Please rest assured that we have provided extra sanitation measures, including a thorough cleaning after every client, observing state/province guidelines by disinfecting all surfaces and implements, laundering all capes, towels, and linens in between each client. We have also removed any non-essential items throughout our business.
Social Distancing Practices
We have discontinued the practice of handshaking and any other non-essential contact. (We know this one really stinks!)
Maintain social distancing at all times. Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet, except when staff is servicing guests.
If you are sick or have been around anyone who has been ill, please reschedule for everyone’s safety and health.
We will not be offering waxing services at this time.
Food & Beverage
We are also suspending our beverage services at this time; please bring your own beverages to your appointment and keep them at the stylist station where you are being serviced. (We want to keep everyone and their goodies all in one place)
We require a credit card on file to schedule an appointment. This method will encourage less contact with the front desk staff. As always, your card will not be charged unless you cancel within 24 hours.
TOGETHER WE CAN HELP PROVIDE THE SAFEST ENVIRONMENT SO ALL CAN GET THEIR HAIR REFRESHED AND BACK TO FEELING THEIR BEST SELF!
Cancellation Courtesy as of May 18, 2020:
Every appointment is specially reserved for you! As a courtesy to Lakota Room Salon, our staff, and clients on our waiting list, we request a 24-hour advance cancellation notice. Credit card number is required to reserve appointment but will not be charged unless appointment is canceled within 24 hours of scheduled service.
We love to support our small business owner friends. We believe we rise by lifting each other up, and we love our relationship with these wonderful ladies!
We wanted to take a deeper look into Darby’s journey to becoming a Pure Barre studio owner in the Houston Heights. It’s an awesome story so READ ON!!
Owner Darby Akers
How did you get started in the fitness business?
- Originally, I emailed the previous owner because I wanted to just work the front desk! I loved the Pure Barre Heights community so much and just wanted some level of involvement. Little did I know, she needed to sell the studio, and asked if I was interested! Totally a whirlwind, but definitely one of God’s biggest blessings for me.
What are you most passionate about in your business?
- Hands down, without a doubt, this community. I couldn’t be more thankful. The women that makeup this community are the soul of our studio. I have never experienced such support from both employees and clients as I am experiencing now. They drive me to be a stronger woman, a better leader, a more empathetic person, and definitely more adaptable. I am so passionate about these women, and I can’t wait to see them all again so soon!
Have you found your WHY since joining the fitness industry?
- Totally. I never thought I would own a fitness studio. I graduated with a degree in Animal Sciences from LSU and began my adult career as a science teacher for middle schoolers. I definitely didn’t feel fulfilled and had no idea where my career was going. My why is this studio. My why is how can I serve the Lord daily through the gift of movement and fitness. Women of all types have gained something from Pure Barre the Heights – whether it’s physically, emotionally, or friendships. We truly are a community, not just a fitness space.
How is Pure Barre different from other fitness options?
- Pure Barre is truly the only effective long term workout that is a low impact, high intensity, full body workout. The classes change consistently, so you never take the same class twice. We offer three different class types – Pure Barre Classic, Pure Empower (cardio-centric barre), and Pure Reform (resistance-based barre). Right now, we are offering 23 livestream classes a week, which our membership base has LOVED!
How do you like to get involved and engage with the community?
- I truly love just being present in the studio. I love getting to know all of our members, about their families, jobs, or past times. I love spending time with my employees, in and out of the studio. I love teaching class, taking class, and organizing community events. We are all so different, but we all have a common love for Pure Barre. One of my favorite things to do to engage the community is by hosting wine nights or special events in the studios. Those are some of my favorite memories with my clients!
What is your background or what were you doing before you took over pure barre the heights?
- Kinda answered above – but teaching! Not mentioned above – I had significant health issues and was diagnosed with a rare version of Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is an autoimmune disease. I have always been active. I ran cross country and played volleyball in high school. I worked out all through college. So when I was diagnosed and not allowed to run anymore, I was devastated. However, I had already been doing Pure Barre throughout all of this and I was loving the results. I was becoming leaner, stronger, and had more endurance with each class.
What does the future look like for pure barre once we are all back up an running after this crisis!?
- I truly believe that not only us, but other small businesses will come back stronger! This too shall pass, and is only a temporary bump in the road that will make us stronger and smarter business owners!
We arent’ sure about you, but this story is SO INSPIRING. And one of the values we always knew we shared with Pure Barre is community. You can’t do life or business without it. We want to be a part of something doing great things. Thank you SOO much for your transparency and sharing your story with us Darby!!! LOVE OUR PURE BARRE BESTIES!
Pure Barre Houston Heights is now offering LIVE streaming classes during the Covid-19 crisis. Click the link to sign up and keep your mind and body healthy!! Move your body, exercise your mind.
The Pure Barre Family celebrating their 5th Birthday!